Friday, March 26, 2010

Dyn-O-mite dress


As I lay here in bed writting this, with my laptop propped up on my knees, I'm just praying for all of it to make sense. You see, it's currently 1:05am and I'm scheduling this post for Friday morning. Overly tired, and um... one too many glasses (ok bottles) of wine later I really wanted this to be posted for Friday but didn't think I'd have the time to actually sit down and write  any of it at the time. I currently have a friend/coworker in town from Vancouver so I've been a little preoccupied these past two days but I'm definitely not complaining. I love having a guest over and showing them around,especally showing them all of the non- uber touristy things but the real, this is where people actually hang out places on NYC.

Back to this post. If this dress looks familiar, you've probably been browsing through the modcloth site. Busted! Oh wait, that's just if you're anything like me and take a gander at their New Arrivals during the day while I'm at work. Oh boy. When the lovely folks over at modcloth heard about our Delightful Dozen group, they were more than happy to contribute and gave us all a dress to style up in out own way. Just think about it, 1 dress, 12 different styles, bodies and creative minds....just imagine the possibilities. So that's just what we did. Don't be surprised if you see this dress on the other DD member's blogs. Don't have time to visit 12 blogs? You can catch them all at the Modcloth, Modlife blog. This dress was so easy to style and I can't wait to see what the other ladies have done with it!

Dress}Dynamite Dress,courtesy of Modcloth
Tights} Welovecolors in Lilac
Vest}F21
Headband}DIY

31 comments:

  1. love the dress! you all have done such a great job styling this (this is the third one i've seen). it's so cool to see how each one of you can make the same dress look different and completely reflective of your personality. super cool. and i love how you put it with a denim vest and flower headband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this dress! I saw it on Krystal yesterday (This Time Tomorrow) and you've both made it look fantastic! Love the headband on you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit! And I ADORE that headband. I want one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tieka, Krystal, Kristin and now you! Beautiful! The dress is the perfect color and the print is so pretty. :)

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is so cute! I really just love this outfit overall. And you always look so adorable with the big flower headbands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love the headband with it and I love that you're wearing such pretty tights!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING AS ALWAYS! LOVE YOUR DRESS!

    XOXO

    MINETTE

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this dress. Just won it this week on Twitter! The print is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great dress! I love seeing how so many different women styled the dress to fit with their personal style. The denim vest is cute and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the white tights and flower in your hair! What a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Mel! Really, seriously, i loved your way of styling it! I's so your way! And the other girls had their own style and I loved this Modcloth idea... very bright!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am in love with your tatoo... also, the outfit is stunning, especially the heels!

    ReplyDelete
  12. DYNOMiTe... You look great as usual...Wine? Bottles of Wine? Ok i cant wait to see you at your sister baby shower. And i will have the rest of those bottles with u . I LOVE LOVE the dress...
    ASH/MIK xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love the flower in your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the way you styled it, I think it's my favorite so far :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo! I think I have that vest! Now I just need the headband, oh yes and that dress. lovely

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want that dress, going to Modcloth now.. I adore your headband!

    ReplyDelete
  17. aaahh yeah! i just saw it in tieka's!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh me, oh my! I just adore this. I never would've thought of lilac tights with that dress. I have been admiring it ever since I saw it at modcloth. Trying to restrain myself and save my budget for our trip to Miami/Cozumel in April.

    Seriously though, one of my favorites yet. Mighty nice gams you have too! And of course, my favorite seychelles ever.

    CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your white tights with this

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the dress and the white tights you wore with it! The flower in your hair is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This mix is beyond adorable, well done! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this dress so much! Especially how you paired it with the white tights!! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow - great job styling this - love the tights!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The little jean vest is so perfect with it. I love seeing how all you ladies styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi!!
    My name is Katerina and I am from Greece. I love your blog!!I get inspiration from your style!!!
    I check your blog daily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ooh, I love the pretty flower. you look great! hope you have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've enjoyed seeing the various interpretations of this dress by the lovely dozen bloggers. It's so pretty! I love the way you've styled it here.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that dress! I especially love it with the headband. After seeing on all you lovely ladies I may have to go get one myself!
    -Lloyd

    http://unsystematicstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love how you styled it! This dress is soooo perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loveeeeee you you styled the dress! I like your version so far, awesome job! You look adorableee as always.

    Loves,
    -S.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails