Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Step Inside

Well, it finally happened. I've been defeated by this nasty weather we've been having. I woke up to snowflakes as big as fists and puddles that would swallow my shoe. Mother Nature 1: Blogger 0.


                       

You could say that this is the most weather innapropriate outfit I've ever worn. But you know when you have a plan to wear something and then nothing else will do? That's what happened to me this morning. I wanted to wear this outfit on Wednesday but couldn't find my slip to wear under it, so I grabbed a repeat dress instead. So last night when I came home I searched high and low through piles of clothing and finally found it. After that I was determined to wear this Spring forward outfit, there was no question. I actually already have a dozen ideas on how to wear this dress when the weather gets warmer, just a warning.

Remember when I was talking about my resolutions? Well don't think that I've been slacking off (completely). I've kept up my reading a book per month and have almost gotten through The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. It's a memoir based off her childhood, living like nomads with her parents always moving the family around in search of bigger better things or not paying bills and able to afford rent collectors. The children so far all seem like they've adapted to this lifestyle and are all very smart and get through this struggle of a life that the parents have raised them in. Jeannette tells the story beautifully without holding anything back. I'm sure I'll be done by this weekend and will be picking up another book for March.



                                                

As for my other two resolutions, I've had to take a break from the gym in early February for a very minor procedure I had on my foot. I'm fully healed now and plan to get back at it on Monday.

I'm still trying to visit museums every week but have opened it up to more than that. I'm trying to do one new thing in New York every week. Last weekend I went ice skating in Central Park. This weekend, I think it's back to the Moma.


                                        
(I'm taking the shot, so don't try to find me)

Outfit:
Dress} The Hours dress, Courtesy of Modcloth
Blouse}Kensie
Tights}HUE

35 comments:

  1. that is such a cute dress! i am so totally find with you repeating it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite way to wear sweet florals is with a strong dark tight base- so chic! Fabulous new year's resolution- we can never read enough.
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    Happy Chinese New Year giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your resolutions -- I've never read the Glass Castle but it sounds like a poignant and interesting read.

    Your dress is adorable! I love florals in winter.

    - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute. what a lovely dress for such a yucky day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dress. I love ModCloth... if only I can afford the clothes. Ahh sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit, and that dress was the one I wore for my birthday! Even though it was in January, I don't think wearing florals once in awhile in TX is too big of a deal...we hardly have winters compared to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this outfit is SO CUTE!
    omg i couldn't believe the size of those snowflakes this morning! snowballs falling from the sky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that you like The Glass Castle; it's is on the top of my reading pile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look gorgeous, your shoes and dress are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this outfit is so lovely with that floral dress and those adorable shoes. and the weather really is gross outside, isn't it? tons of slush. i have to admit...i do have a strange love for slush though. maybe it's because i like slushies....:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute! i love this on you. :) florals are always so lovely..i love your shoes aswell!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm the queen of innappropriate Winter outfits. It's kind of a problem that I live in the coldest state in the continental US. Therefore I support your Spring forward outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should totally try skating at the Natural History Museum--it's not real ice so it's totally weird but really fun!

    Also, I loved The Glass Castle, it was such a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a lovely outfit! I know what you mean about having something picked out and then weather getting in the way. I've been having that problem all week, and I just want to scream for spring to be here already. As much as I love tights I'm ready for dresses without tights!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ah! absolute perfection! i love the sleeves on that top- perfect for the makeshift jumper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Glass Castle is wonderful. Excellent pick!

    And winter schminter. If the outfit is cute (and it is) I say just wear it. Weather be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovee the dress! I'm so ready for spring too. I can't wait to style all of my clothes in spring.. especially Delightful Dozen stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your dress! You look so darn pretty. I just couldn't encourage myself to look nice in this dreadful cold today. That dress will be great for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. aaahh i wanna skate there one day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a lovely dress that is! and you look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've always thought that there ain't such a bad weather a flower dress can't improve. (Take a look sometime: http://anotherfabday.blogspot.com/2009/12/bigger-weapons-jareammat-aseet.html)

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOh, The Glass Castle. I read that a few months ago; it was pretty good. If you like that, you should definitely check out Water for Elephants. That is, if you haven't already! Incredible read.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It really is fun to be a tourist in your own city, isn't it? Gives you a new perspective...especially in a city like NYC!

    And weather smeather - rock what you want, girl! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh yay! Jeannette Walls! I love her. What do you think of the Glass Castle? Your outfit look so Spring-like and pretty. I wish it were even remotely warm enough to wear anything but boots around here.

    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  25. That little floral dress is so wonderful and I love your seychelles.

    Lulu Letty

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the Spring-y print on that dress. It almost makes up for having to take your pictures indoors, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow I love this outfit and you look absolutely adorable!
    (you now have comments from two Clares in a row!)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a cute dress ♥!
    Gah, resolutions, don't remind me x) I was supposed to read books too, haven't even started yet ! Bad, baaaad Marita.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Glass Castle is one of my favorites! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I looove this look! so cute, so feminine!


    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. That outfit is soooo adorable!! I love the shoes! The Glass castle is so amazing....I read it a couple years ago and I always tell friends to pick it up! If you like that you should also read "Water for Elephants" its a fantastic read too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails